Saturday, October 9, 2010

How 'COOL' is 'BOOL'IFY?

I have heard some many great reports about Boolify, however I had not used it until starting my research for the ILA - it is now going to be a regular tool in my library lessons with the students and teachers, as well as in my own learning! It is such a fantastic resource for those who are visual learners, and a wonderful way for younger students to build their boolean search terms.


http://www.boolify.org


In my own Boolify searching, I built the terms - "Researching" and "Countries" and "Primary school" and "Inquiry Based Learning" and "Geography"


As I began the searching, I received hundreds of thousands of results, however with each new search term added, I could see the results narrowing into a much more user-friendly amount. I love this feature within Boolify, as it would allow the students to also see their searches narrowing and therefore becoming more managable. I ended up with 191 results and from here I was able to sift through and bookmark sites that looked relevant. 


One site I found through this searching was http://www.primaryschool.com.au.


It provides free sites, lesson plans, software, text, videos and teacher reference materials for all key learning areas, housed in the appropriate year levels. 



No comments:

Post a Comment